Everything you never wanted to know about our family and various other subjects.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Yarn Along

For the past few weeks, I have been working on this Oaklet Shawl.  I really like the variegated yarn and think it will get more use as a scarf, since we're not really shawl people around here.  My problem is that when I started my 2nd ball of yarn, the color pattern got all messed up and I think it looks bad.  I'm going to have to rip back and try again.  Any advice from the Yarn Along bunch to help me out of this pinch?  Maybe this yarn was a bad choice for this pattern?



My book this week is Brideshead Revisited.  I am only reading it because a friend gave me the book and said that it was a classic Catholic novel.  I'll be honest.... I'd rather be reading the medieval mysteries by Margaret Frazer that I had been gorging on at the beginning of June! Think I'll go back to them after this little side trip.

Check out Ginny's blog for more Yarn Along adventures.

1 comment: