Everything you never wanted to know about our family and various other subjects.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Marianna's New Glasses...Round 2





See?  Aren't they just so cute?  I must be a sucker for cute.  The guy that sold us the glasses insisted Marianna would love them because of their cuteness factor.  He claimed she would like to wear them and she did parade around the store like a little princess.  Oh, maybe these will be the answer to all of our problems. NOT!

Flash forward 30 minutes later and we are in Kohl's shopping with Clare.  Suddenly, I notice that we have no cute, little pink glasses on Marianna's head!  Ugh, retrace our steps through the entire juniors' section and  voila...there they are on the floor near the dressing rooms.  SO MUCH FOR CUTE.

Today she was wearing them outside (I know I said we would keep the glasses for indoor wear only.  Not practical!!  At this time of year, she's outside more than she's inside.)  Guess what?  Half way through the day...no glasses.  So, after ranting a little (ha!),  I ask her where her glasses are.  She leads Clare up  to the little pine tree in front of the garage and there they are, in all of their cuteness, folded nicely under the tree. HELP!

I am seriously going to lose my cool, but instead I manage to take a deep breath, get down on my knees and look her in the eye.  I say in my sternest voice, "No more losing you glasses, Marianna.  You have to keep your glasses on all. of. the. time."  Then she looks at me with those big, green eyes rimmed with tears and a little pouty lip, for added effect, and I know I'm not just a sucker for cute.  I'm a sucker...PERIOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment