Everything you never wanted to know about our family and various other subjects.

Monday, March 26, 2012

It's the simple things in life...

I can't believe that I haven't told you about this one small detail in my life.  I have a car!  My very own car to drive whenever I feel like it.   Isn't that ridiculous?  I'm gloating about a vehicle. 


Isn't she a beauty?  Small enough to weave in and out of traffic but still able to hold vast quantities of groceries at the same time.  Did I mention that this car is CLEAN and smells like fresh laundry (thanks to Dan's vent sticks from work, of course).  Most important...this car is quiet and I don't have to worry that I won't make it back home when I make a run to town.



Alas,  I do worry that this small luxury will be short lived.  After all,  I can still remember when this was supposed to be my car....


After which came this dream vehicle....



Then along comes some responsible teenager who happens to have found employment and desperately needs transportation.  Just like that the dream is over and I am relegated to the beasty 15 passenger van which sucks gas likes there's no tomorrow and makes me feel guilty every time I start it up.  They assure me this time will be different.  They gallantly tell me I deserve a nice vehicle of my own.  I figure the least I can do is gloat....just a little....while I still have my own car.

PS....forgot to mention Stephen asked to borrow MY CAR last night.  Of all the nerve!

No comments:

Post a Comment