Everything you never wanted to know about our family and various other subjects.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Friday Night without Dad...

This past Friday Dan came home from work just in time to turn around and head back... troubles in Plastic Land.  So, what's a worn out Mom with 8 hungry kids to do?  Stepping into quick and easy mode, I decided to make Peanut Butter Pancakes and with Clare's help everyone settled in to our
mini-feast.


Yum! Look at the contentment.




Of course, without Dad's supervision, peace doesn't last long at this time of night.  Why keep your hands to yourself when you can be irritating your sister?



Even Marianna wants OUT!



By the time the kitchen is cleaned up and I'm ready to relax, I find all-out war taking place in the livingroom.


Don't yell at us, Mom.  We're just spectators.
Do I...
A.  Lose my marbles and start screeching at the top of my lungs.
B.  Join them!
C.  Run screaming out the front door as if the house is on fire.
D.  Pray that my Knight-in-Shining Armor will walk through the door and save me.

Well, I didn't have time to do any of the above because at that moment my Knight did walk through the door and fifteen minutes later....


peace and tranquility were restored.  Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment